Re: Using a template page

On Fri, Aug 27, 1999 at 12:06:16PM +1000, Andrew Barnes wrote:
> What I'm trying to do is create a template page so that every page
> transmitted in a multi-page fax (using HylaFax of course) has the same
> header image, and footer image.
>
> I'm still to actually create the necessary cover page, which I know can be
> done, but I have a requirement that I have to send each page using some
> sort of template/standard header image and footer image per page.
>
> The contents from each page will be coming from a standard text file.

I'd say you probably want to use something akin to the coverpage
machinery; you might modify it to build PostScript pages from your data
blocks.  The easiest way to do this will require some knowledge of PS
programming.

As long as you're not trying to do it to arbitrary pages, it is likely
to be much easier to build the print jobs by hand.  See also textfmt.

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Buy copies of The New Hackers Dictionary.
The Suncoast Freenet            Give them to all your friends.
Tampa Bay, Florida     http://www.ccil.org/jargon/             +1 813 790 7592