FIFO: open: Device not configured

Hi Fax Pros

I am trying to run Hylafax (4.0pl2) on Suse Linux 61 Kernel 2.2.5
and have been getting nearly crazy with the installation.

I always get the message=20

FIFO: open: Device not configured

in the boot message after HylaFAX started.=20
Here is what is set up:

I want to send faxes only. Therefore I got a line with faxmodem ...
in /sbin/init.d/hylafax.
FIFO.modem is there. My modem is connected to ttyS1 but I
configured everything as modem.=20

faxstat gives me=20
HylaFAX scheduler on MMmachine.MosaBuam.org: Running   =20

I have not uncommented any line in /etc/inittab since I only want
to send faxes.

Running Susefax (a java frontend) i get everythings seems fine but
nothing happens at all. What is wrong?=20

Please help me before this installation drives me nuts.=20

Manfred

Manfred Moser
Outdoor and Computer Freak=20
m.moser@xpoint.at