Re: HylaFax Error messages

Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Aug 1999, Clay Crye wrote:
>

> > I am running FreeBSD 2.2.7 on a Pennytum 150 Mhz machine.
> >
> > I followed the instructions on: http://www.hylafax.org/setup.html.
> >
> > I installed HylaFAX and tried to run faxsetup and I came up with these
> > errors:
> >
> > =============
> >
> > root> ./faxsetup
> >
> > Setup program for HylaFAX (tm) v4.0pl2.
> >
> > Created for i386-unknown-freebsd2.2.7 on Tue Jul 21 14:26:02 PDT 1998.
> >
> > Checking system for proper client configuration.
> > Checking system for proper server configuration.
> >

> > Warning: /bin/vgetty does not exist or is not an executable program!
> >
> > The file:
> >
> >     /bin/vgetty
>
> Don't sweat this: it means that you have not previously installed voice
> capability (which is not built into HylaFAX, but is available through
> installing mgetty).

I don't care about the voice part. I just want to be able to receive FAX and
Data calls.  Or do I still need to get the voice part in order to receive DATA
calls?

> > Warning: /bin/egetty does not exist or is not an executable program!
> >
> > The file:
> >
> >     /bin/egetty
>
> Same thing, part of the same package.

What do you mean, "part of the same package"?

> > FATAL ERROR: /usr/local/bin/gs does not exist or is not an executable
> > program!
> >
> > The file:
> >
> >     /usr/local/bin/gs
>
> Something is wrong with your ghostscript setup. This should have
> been found at compile time: run a "make distclean", then re-run
> "configure" and read the questions at the end carefully to see
> where it thinks your ghostscript is. If it's someplace odd,
> you may need to set up a "config.local" file with appropriate
> fields for your site (copy from config.site and edit them in config.local).
>
> Did you install a binary? Or compile your own?

No.  Somebody named "Robert" answered my e-mail and pointed out that I needed
to install Ghostscript5 by going to /usr/ports/print/ghostscript5 and do the
"make install" command.

---Clay