Re: HylaFax Error messages

On Thu, 19 Aug 1999, Clay Crye wrote:

> I am running FreeBSD 2.2.7 on a Pennytum 150 Mhz machine.
>
> I followed the instructions on: http://www.hylafax.org/setup.html.
>
> I installed HylaFAX and tried to run faxsetup and I came up with these
> errors:
>
> =============
>
> root> ./faxsetup
>
> Setup program for HylaFAX (tm) v4.0pl2.
>
> Created for i386-unknown-freebsd2.2.7 on Tue Jul 21 14:26:02 PDT 1998.
>
> Checking system for proper client configuration.
> Checking system for proper server configuration.
>

> Warning: /bin/vgetty does not exist or is not an executable program!
>
> The file:
>
>     /bin/vgetty

Don't sweat this: it means that you have not previously installed voice
capability (which is not built into HylaFAX, but is available through
installing mgetty).

> Warning: /bin/egetty does not exist or is not an executable program!
>
> The file:
>
>     /bin/egetty

Same thing, part of the same package.

> FATAL ERROR: /usr/local/bin/gs does not exist or is not an executable
> program!
>
> The file:
>
>     /usr/local/bin/gs

Something is wrong with your ghostscript setup. This should have
been found at compile time: run a "make distclean", then re-run
"configure" and read the questions at the end carefully to see
where it thinks your ghostscript is. If it's someplace odd,
you may need to set up a "config.local" file with appropriate
fields for your site (copy from config.site and edit them in config.local).

Did you install a binary? Or compile your own?

			Nico Kadel-Garcia
			Senior Engineer, CIRL
			Mass. Eye and Ear Infirmary
			raoul@cirl.meei.harvard.edu