"No response to MPS..." solved

I have been having trouble trying to send faxes from both my laptop and
desktop systems. Only the initial page would get sent and it would be
squished. The faxlog would report "No response to MPS repeated 3 times".
After browsing this list and not finding a solution I decided to "try a
couple things".  The thing that seems to work for me was editing the
modem config file (/var/spool/fax/etc/config.ttyS1) and removing the
"#" from in front of the Xon/Xoff entry. I've done this with my laptop
and desktop systems it works for both. Now my faxes send to completion
and every page is legible.

Hope this helps,
Rickl Knight
(sforwk@dames.com)