RE: Modem: hangup after 5x ringing

This depends on several factors.  Maybe you could explain
your Modem Type, Setup of Modem.  If you are using an intelligent
getty program, or using the S01 register?  What platform are
you on.  etc......

BTW:
S01 register controls the number of rings before picking up the modem.
    for most Hayes compatible modems..