Unknown mailer error : localhost: Unknown host

Hello everybody,I have hylafax-4.1beta1 on RedHat Linux 6.0.
When I try to send a fax through my mail 2 fax gateway I get the following
error message

The original message was received at Mon, 2 Aug 1999 11:27:21 +0300
from root@localhost

<root@223412.fax>

faxmail: localhost: Unknown host.
554 <root@223412.fax>... unknown mailer error 255

When I send the message the faxmail process is started, it is pending for a
few seconds (probably minutes) and then it is terminated and a results email
message is sent to me saying what you have just seen. I cannot explain this
error message. Isn't there anybody who got this error message. And if there
is somebody who has got it then how did you solve it.
My /etc/hosts file includes localhost.
The /var/spool/fax/etc/hosts file is the original one. I don't know what I
should do.
This is the second message I post on the list with the same problem
because I had the feeling that I didn't make myself understood with the
first one. Please help me if you know what should I do.

Regards,
     Gabi Bota