Re: How to dial up a faxmachine which is on a PBX extension ?

On Wed, Jun 30, 1999 at 04:08:57PM +0200, Levente Janovszki wrote:
> My question is $subject ? If I call the number than a PBX machine answer
> the call by voice ( Hello, it's ... Company. If you know the extension
> number please dial xxx for fax , yyy for operator. Thank you.) :-)))
> So, how to tell my modem that it will have to dial xxx. I know xxx ext.
> number but where to put this number and what kind of AT command do I
> have to use ??

Assuming the automated attendant works substantially the same as they
do in the US, and that it _always_ answers, try this: add ',,,999' to
the dial number, whatever the extension is (eg: ',,,237', and,
obviously, omit the single quotes), adjusting the number of commas to
the necessary pause before the extension number need be dialled.  Each
comma contributes 2 seconds to the pause.

This _will_ extend the busy detect time, and if the automated attendant
breaks, overloads, or changes, it may break as well, but it's a usually
acceptable hack.

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Buy copies of The New Hackers Dictionary.
The Suncoast Freenet            Give them to all your friends.
Tampa Bay, Florida     http://www.ccil.org/jargon/             +1 813 790 7592