Re: modem not shown in list...

         \\|//
         (. .)
+----oOOo-(_)-oOOo----+
|    Linux Rules!!    |
+---------------------+

"Computers are like air conditioners - they stop working properly when
you open Windows"

On Tue, 29 Jun 1999, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:

> Run faxgetty, and look at my Linux notes at http://cirl.meei.harvard.edu/hylafax/

Tried with faxgetty (forgot to mention)
and I did read your notes...
and checked what you tell to look at
faxq and hfaxd daemons are running
[root@linux etc]# ps ax |grep fax
 1232  ?  S    0:00 /usr/sbin/faxq
 1234  ?  S    0:00 /usr/sbin/hfaxd -i hylafax

 /var/spool/fax/etc/hosts contains
127.0.0.1 which is fine since I'm trying from console
[root@linux etc]# ls -l /var/spool/fax/etc/hosts

-rw-------   1 uucp     uucp           20 Sep 29  1998
/var/spool/fax/etc/hosts

and ownership seems fine to me

I'm not sure if your patch as been applied to this binary...
so I made a link from hosts.fax to the hosts file just mentioned

I must be missing something :-(
gianluca