Re: Difference: Long Distance & International

Chua Choon Hian wrote:

> Hi,
>
> After reading the man pages, I still can't figure out what is the difference
> between Long Distance Dialing and International Dialing Prefix.  Does anyone
> have an example to explain it?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Regards,
> Choon Hian

Hi Choon,

In Australia a number like +61-3-9898-7811 could be dialled up by your
fax machine.
You would probably dial 011, 010, or 0011 before the international
number.

If I want to send a fax to Sydney +61-2-1234-5678, I would dial
02-1234-5678.

This is a long distance call.

Prefixes for international depend on carriers Aust uses 0011 (voice) and
0015 (fax/modem)... I believe US is (like Canada) 010.

Keith