Re: Deployment of Hylafax NT client

On Fri, Jun 25, 1999 at 07:06:56AM -0400, Glenn Burkhardt wrote:
> > 	I've got Hylafax server up an running on a linux box now, but I
> > would ideally like to find a client for NT which does not require admin
> > privilidges to fully install. WHFC installs partly, but needs admin for
> > the printer port mapping to install properly. Are there any clients other
> > NT clients which allow 'printing' a fax, or can the fax printer be shared
> > and still work, allow monitoring and reply emails.
>
> I don't understand your problem. After WHFC is installed by the Administrator,
> ordinary users can send faxes by printing to the fax printer.  You might
> need to copy the shortcut to WHFC from the Administrator profile to a user
> profile, but otherwise we don't have any trouble with ordinary users
> on NT sending faxes.

His problem is more than likely overlapping administrative domains.  He
may well not _have_ administrator privileges on some machines that he
needs to install WHFC on...

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Buy copies of The New Hackers Dictionary.
The Suncoast Freenet            Give them to all your friends.
Tampa Bay, Florida     http://www.ccil.org/jargon/             +1 813 790 7592