Re: postscript level 3

> acrobat 4 builds postscript level 3 files. and in the printer-dialog
> there is no possibilty to change to level 2 only.

I can't believe there is no way of printing to level 1 or 2, as very
few printers are level 3.

> i am not sure where i have to start, since i dont know which command
> sendfax uses to process a postscript-file (the typerule-file says only
> that this is handled by the server). maybe the gs-package is too old?

Hylafax uses your configured RIP program for which many people use
ghostscript.  Release versions of ghostscript are level 2.  There
is some level 3 support in the current (and probably unstable) betas.

Incidentally, ghostscript can image PDF versions up to 1.2 directly.

> pls. if possible reply to jm@ko-en.com

Replies going to addresses from header, although I consider it to be
within my rights to send mailing list replies just to the mailing
list when responding to requests for information.