Alpha Linux -- hfaxd

Just wondering if this problem has been fixed in the rpm yet???

I'm currently having a similar problem with configError & configTrace
not compiling! Yet this function compiles fine in other areas of
HylaFax... I presume its a strange querk of the alpha compiler..tried
compiling using gcc & egcs that comes with RH.

I'm thinking of installing RH6.0 to see if its just a 5.2 prob.

But if the rpm is fixed I'll just use that!

Is there anyone here running hylafax on an alpha with RedHat linux
5.2???

--
Dear Sirs,

To come to the problem at once:

I am running Linux version 2.0.35 RedHat 5.2 on a DEC Alpha

1. When trying to install an .rpm with executables for the Alpha hfaxd
was not found.

2. Then I obtained a source rpm and compiled it. Again the hfaxd misses.

Make result follows the body of this email.

3. When I tried to build a new rpm containing executables (like the one
I earlier obtained for step 1 by using 'rpm -bb option on the rpm with
source) the resulting file is of roughly the same size as the others on
the net. (1.2M for hylafax-4.0pl1-2.alpha.rpm)

I drew the following conclusions:

4. All Alphas have the same problem as no rpm with executables is
containing hfaxd. How come nobody seems to miss the hfaxd as it is a
very essential part of the package?

5. The make of the package from source is great. Only on a fast system
like this Alpha it took me some time to even spot that I was having
compile errors as they shifted off the screen so fast. Shouldn't the
make script break on an error?

My questions:
Q1. Is this a know problem?
Q2. Am I wrong? Is the source code of HylaFAX wrong? Or is the compiler
wrong?
Q3. What information can I provide you with to help?

BTW I have not been able to look into the HylaFAX site over the weekend;

it was unreachable.

Regards,

Simon G. Stikkelorum (Netherlands)

PS the result of the make. I redirected the output so that only the
errors are shown.

[root@alpha hylafax-v4.0pl1]# make >makout
CopyQuality.c++: In method `unsigned char
FaxModem::recvPageDLEData(struct tiff *, unsigned char, const struct
Class2Params &, class fxStr &)':
CopyQuality.c++:278: internal error--unrecognizable insn:
(insn 1362 1354 1363 (set (reg:DI 6 $6)
        (plus:DI (reg:DI 15 $15)
            (const_int 43664))) -1 (nil)
    (nil))
CopyQuality.c++:278: confused by earlier errors, bailing out
{standard input}: Assembler messages:
{standard input}:56: Warning: Missing .end or .bend at end of file
make[3]: *** [CopyQuality.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [default] Error 2
HylaFAXServer.c++:670: generic thunk code fails for method `void
HylaFAXServer::configError(const char * ...)' which uses `...'
HylaFAXServer.c++:670: generic thunk code fails for method `void
HylaFAXServer::configTrace(const char * ...)' which uses `...'
make[3]: *** [HylaFAXServer.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [default] Error 2
[root@alpha hylafax-v4.0pl1]#