Re: Hayes Optima 288 VFC getting wedged

   I have a kind of "one answer for all" idea... See if you
have /dev/modem symbolically linked to /dev/ttyS<N> and see
if you have faxgetty working with /dev/modem (also do not
use /dev/cua<N>). Idea: don't tell faxgetty or HylaFAX about
/dev/modem at all, RedHat seems to be a bit "easy" on
using symbolically linked devices; though it _should_ work,
there are observations (including my own) - it does not
sometimes.
   And, just in general, it is long due to upgrade to RH5.2
(you run 2.2 kernel anyway) for various reasons including
handling of serial devs.

    Michael Kremliovsky

--
      Einstein Medical, Inc.