WHFC install problem under Japanese Win98

Hello,

	I am trying to install version 1.05 on a Japanese Windows 98
system. Part-way through the install, I get a message dialog that
says:

"W?rend des kopierens der Daten ist ein Fehler aufgetrenten: -115
Component: Gemeinsame DLLs
File Group DLL's Win95
File C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\whfcmon.dll

The install dialog says:

	"copying portmonitors's dll's"

After hitting "OK" on the error dialog, the installer exits. There is
no C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\whfcmon.dll file.

Anyone know what might be wrong? If not, could someone translate the
German message for me?

Many thanks,

	Andy