Re: Hylafax

    Yes, I just did (you can see my problems in archive
during last week). There are 4 rules for RH 5.2 users:
  0) ask yourself what do you want: outbound (faxing out), inbound
     (faxing in) or both; what type of client access (remember:
     HylaFAX is a client/server application);
  1) get a decent modem (look for a list of recommended ones), good
     modem costs somewhere between $200 and $300; don't trust
     marketing campaigns - they usually lie;
  2) upgrade ghostscript to 5.10 (rpms are available at the same
     spot where you find HylaFAX rpms);
  3) make sure that neither /dev/modem nor /dev/cua<N> appear
     during installation, use strictly /dev/ttyS0 (COM1) or
     /dev/ttyS2 (COM2) /or whatever your com port is/
  4) follow docs for running faxsetup, faxmodem, faxaddmodem.

And you can be sure - it is working very well... once setup done :)

    Michael Kremliovsky

--
      Einstein Medical, Inc.
Vice President, Information Technology