Questions about the Faxrecvd script

Two Questions:

1)  I am forwarding emails as .TIFF files.  I am using mimencode to encode
the .TIFF file for sending.  Mimencode returns a different, although not
unrelated, file name to the script after it encodes the .TIFF.  I want the
file name that is sent via email to be the same as the one in the recvdq
directory for reference reasons.  I tried using the $FILE macro, but this
contains path information as well as the filename info.

$FILE = "/recvdq/fax00025.tif"

Is there another macro that just has the file name or can I configure
HylaFAX where it will pass only the filename to the script.  I can then put
$FILE into another variable called $FILENAME and then initialize $FILE to
"/recvdq/" + $FILE so the rest of the script works right.

2) I spent about a day rounding up information all over the place about how
to forward incoming faxes as TIFF files via email.  I finally got it to work
and I want to write an article about how to do it to help make it easier on
others in the future.  If I did such, where or to whom should I submit it
and what format should it be in?  If I get no response, I will submit to the
mailing list in plain text format.

Thanks a lot.