Re: USRobotics RPI modem

>I'm amazed that efax _does_ work.  RPI modems, or in their more
>correctly pejorative description, "WinModems", don't have much code
>on the board.

Actually, RPI (Rockwell Protocol Interface, if I remember correctly)
modems are not WinModems, they are merely brain dead.  Basic modem
functions are on board, but advanced functions require special software.
I've gotten examples to work under HylaFax before, with varying degrees
of pain.

                                        Chuck Stuart

Is it possible for you to give me some insight as to how you got it working or what resources you used to figure it out.  The varying degrees of pain you experienced can't compare to the excruciating pain I am experiencing... all I want it to do is send and recieve faxes...

Wait a second... can't I just re-write some code, instead of using faxgetty can't I just use efax... The only reason I want to use Hylafax is the interface and the file conversion.