Re: USRobotics RPI modem

On Tue, 8 Jun 1999 13:31:28 -0400 "Jay R. Ashworth" <jra@baylink.com>
writes:
>I'm amazed that efax _does_ work.  RPI modems, or in their more
>correctly pejorative description, "WinModems", don't have much code
>on the board.

Actually, RPI (Rockwell Protocol Interface, if I remember correctly)
modems are not WinModems, they are merely brain dead.  Basic modem
functions are on board, but advanced functions require special software.
I've gotten examples to work under HylaFax before, with varying degrees
of pain.

					Chuck Stuart