Problem recieving facsimile

Hello,

I have a problem recieving facsimile, but I could not find a similar
description of my problem in the FAQ.
If I had not got calls from people telling me that there occured an error
during transmission of their faxes, I wouldn't have noticed the problem. I
myself do not get any error messages, and I recieve their faxes properly.
I suspect that the other fax machines might be confused about faxgetty
actively hanging up the connection after recieving the fax. This way _I_ get
all facsimile without problems, but for them it's a cut-off connection. In any
case, I couldn't find out how to change this behaviour of faxgetty.

I'm running HylaFAX v4.0pl2 on a Linux v2.2.9 box (SuSE 6.1) with gcc
2.7.2.3 (though I'm using a precompiled version of HylaFAX).
My modem is a Creatix SG 2834. (33.600 bps data/fax/voice)
I'm not using the adaptive answer support.

I hope this helps, and thanks in advance...

Johannes Balle

--
Sent through Global Message Exchange - http://www.gmx.net