Re: Adaptive Answering and Getty's

I. Forbes wrote:

> I have Hylafax running on a number of boxes, some doing outgoing
> only and some out and incoming faxes.  All using Linux Debian ver
> 2.0 and 2.1.
>
> Now I am trying to setup adaptive answering on a new box.  Has
> anybody got this working?  After over 60 logged phone calls, I have
> made no progress :-(
>

> I have to basic problems:
> -   The call hangs up imediately, but the getty hangs around on the
>     receiving end 'till I kill it, or
>
> -   If the call is answered, but I get garbage on the line and when
>     I hang up the calling modem the getty hangs around on the
>     receiving end 'till I kill it.

I had similar problems. If I understand you correctly, I just inserted
in the /etc/mgetty/mgetty.config file:

# To avoid problems with incoming calls when faxgetty is in control
# and calls mgetty to handle it:
toggle-dtr no

Then Hylafax works out of the box (Debian/GNU Linux) with faxgetty in
command.

Let me know if this helps
--
John Plate <plate@infotek.dk>