Re: problem with modem configuration

David Woolley wrote:
> =

> > An other fax I had (Tornado FM.. 9600 fax) had the same problem. I he=
ard
> > the rumour that under Linux class 2 modems do not function at all wit=
> > Hylafax. Is this tru?
> =

> No.  My Multitech works OK with Slackware 3.5.
> =

> > In the log file just after "send triger 021" is stated: "0 total line=
s,
> =

> I believe Rockwell modems require 022 as the trigger.

I did try this (and a lot of other configuration parameters obtained
from the faq's from Hylafax), alas it didn't work out. Strange thing is
this modem functions fine with other windows orientated faxing programs
just as standard class 2 modem without any special options or
initialization strings etc.

So I don't know what to try anymore without trying random options.

But anyway,

Thanks for your reaction.

J=F8rgen