Re: Basic Linux information needed?

Hello flexfax list,

I'm setting up haylafax to work with our RH5 linux internet gateway box.
PPP and hylafax are both working well, but haven't tested them in terms
of device locking, etc. The follow statement has me a bit worried.

> have seen
> messages about hylafax's inability to create a lock file on /dev/ttyS1.

Are there problems with sharing a modem between pppd and hylafax on a
single machine?

I read about the UUCP locking protocol that hylafax uses, but don't
recall anything mentioning  UUCP locking in the pppd documentation.

Cheers - eric