Re: WHFC: Log File?

> I've just installed HylaFax 4.0pl2 and WHFC 1.0.5 in a client's office.
> Everything worked fine while I was there, but now that I've left, it's
> giving them an error.  When they open WHFC, they get "Cannot Open Log
> File".

In a somewhat-related question, I had also been considering installing
this in a client's office.  Perhaps your experience can help.

Did you adapt a Linux box with hylafax on it to their existing network, or
did you set up their entire network, including choosing IP addresses, etc?
I'm asking this because in order to sell my services, I'd either have to
have some sort of installation routine that assigns the fax server an IP
address, or physically set it up for them..

Are you providing support for WHFC?  Does your client worry about the fact
the only access to the fax server is remotely, through WHFC?  Speaking to
a potential client, he had a hard time understanding that you don't have
to physically walk over to the machine to view what it's doing; rather,
you can view it's status right from his PC.

Any thoughts?

Thanks much,
Dave Wreski