Re: problem w/ HylaFAX on RH Linux 5.2 (still)

>Is hfaxd running on the system, or have you added it to the inetd.conf?
>At the least, you should have a hfaxd process running to accept
>incoming requests.  Maybe:
>
>hfaxd -i 4557

Thanks for the suggestions.  I tried them, unfortunately with no success :-(

It would appear hfaxd is running:

(from ps -aux)

  /usr/sbin/faxq
  /usr/sbin/hfaxd -i hylafax

Also, hylafax is defined in /etc/services as follows:

  hylafax 4559/tcp # HylaFAX client-server protocol
  snpp    444/tcp         # Simple Network Paging Protocol
  fax    4557/tcp         # Old Flexfax client-server protocol

>In the file /var/spool/fax/etc/hosts ... put an entry for your local
>network, like 192.268.1. and maybe an 127.0.0.0.

This is my current /var/spool/fax/etc/hosts:

  localhost
  127.0.0.1
  150.150.1.
  127.0.0.0

The first two entries were existing by default; I added the second two.

This is how far I've gotten...

  # faxstat
  Service not available, remote server closed connection

This is on the same machine on which the server is running.  I haven't even
tried a client connection from another host yet.

-Russ
 rsalerno@fortunoff.com