Re: Hylafax

In message <36CE9139.C08369D2@ifi.uio.no>, Finn Guttormsen writes:
>Phil Watkinson wrote:
>
>> <--snip-->
>> Can you tell us what HylaFAX processes are running? Mine are :
>>
>> [root /root]# ps ax |grep fax
>> 27438  p0 S    0:00 grep fax
>>   340  ?  S    0:00 /usr/local/sbin/faxq
>>   349  ?  S    0:00 /usr/local/sbin/hfaxd -i hylafax
>>   375  ?  S    0:00 /usr/local/sbin/faxgetty ttyS1
>> [root /root]#
>
>> <--snip-->
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Phil Watkinson,
>> Boston, UK.
>
>When I run this command i get :
>[root@root#] ps ax | grep fax
> 1184  p2 S    0:00 grep fax
>  829  ?  S    0:00 /usr/sbin/faxq
>  842  ?  S    0:00 /usr/libexec/fax/faxgetty /dev/modem
>[root@root#]
>
>no hfaxd prosess is running...
>
>[root@root#] faxstat -r
>HylaFAX scheduler on host.some.domain: Running
>Modem modem (+47 22655368): Running and idle
>[root@root#]
>
>Why don't I need hfaxd? I can send faxes, but have problems with receivingmore
>than 1 line. Could this be the reason?
>Why does not hfaxd start when the rest of hylafax starts?

This might be normal. Some people choose to run hfaxd from inetd. Look in inetd.conf and see if you have an entry for hfaxd in there. Generally this not not the recommended way to do things if you're going to use it much, but it should not hurt.

Sorry, I have lost the original thread of your problem, but the lack of hfaxd is unlikely to be it.

-Darren