Re: Retrain problem

John Plate wrote:
Hi Modem Experts

My Hylafax installation works fine with many fax-machines but I have
problems sending fax to some fax-numbers. I use a ZyXEL Omni
modem. Hylafax error report is copied below.

What happens here?

How can I correct this problem?

Send your faxes with high resolution (sendfax -m ...), this sould reduce your problems. We had about 5-10% of this errors sending with a Zyxel Elite ISDN something, got reduced to ~2% with sending high resolution fax. Lowered to almost 0% with sending via Elsa Microlink 28.8, only some semders forget to switch to high resolution so these faxes are still sent wit 9 cover pages and nothing else.
Btw: how do I set up the Zyxel for receive only? How do I set up hylafax to send ANY outgoing fax with high resolution? Even hi res faxes get problems if the Elsa is busy and the fax gets out via Zyxel.
Feb 21 13:49:10.45: [ 9247]: USE 3.85 line/mm
That is one of the problems (or the symptoms).
Feb 21 13:49:10.45: [ 9247]: USE 2-D MR
This doesn´t seem to make much difference.
Beside I would like a patch to ignore the 2nd or third RTN, means:

Hylafax sends 1st page -> RTN
Hylafax resends 1st page -> RTN (almost sure this is not due to bad lines, cause the cover pages look ok and some receipients are in house)
Hylafax doesn´t care and sends 2nd page -> RTN again
Hylafax sends 3rd page

and so on.

--
MfG Daniel Tepas