WHCF takes a lot to login

Hi,

I'm running hylafax-4.0pl1-9 on a red Hat Linux 5.2 i386 system.
Trying to connect from a windows95 lan client with WHCF 1.0.4 takes
about 2 minutes, plus another minute to have the "modem running and
idle" message (but it takes a second telnetting the fax server from the
same client !).
Three times out of four, WHCF get frozen and I've to kill the
application.

I'm wondering what's wrong, but I've no idea.
How can I fix the problem ?

Thanks

Stefano