--------------------------------------
Date: 19/2/99 8:05 AM
To: Michael Firkins
From: Alex Povolotsky
Hello!

I'm trying to set up fax receiving using a _VERY_ good Class2 modem. It
works
 just fine with mgetty, but all my efforts to set it up with faxgetty
fails.

I've tried every combination of speed and flow control I could invent
(19200,
38400 and 57600, with soft, hard and no flow for 19200, soft and hard
for
38400) but always gets Missing EOL in 5 seconds.

For some unknown reason, cu fails to work with modem _TOGETHER_ with
faxgetty.
Together with mgetty it works just fine.

Setup strings for mgetty and faxgetty looks identical.

I'm using latest hylafax (4.0pl2).

What should I test? What should I look at? Please help.

Alex.

RFC-822 Header:
	via sendmail with P:stdio/D:lists/R:inet_hosts/T:smtp
	(sender: <owner-flexfax@celestial.com> owner: <owner-flexfax-outbound>)

	id <m10DSCP-0004Sda@camco.celestial.com>
	for flexfax-outbound; Thu, 18 Feb 1999 04:04:57 -0800 (PST)
	(Smail-3.2.0.102 1998-Aug-2 #13 built 1998-Nov-15)