Newbie needs help

Hi,

Okay, here's the story so far....

Running AIX 4.3.  I went to the Bull website and downloaded the precompiled
binaries for the latest version of HylaFAX.  Installed them (presumably
successfully) using smit sys admin tool.  Ran faxsetup okay (again,
presumably), as well as faxaddmodem.  Put in the proper entries in
/etc/inetd.conf and /etc/inittab.  Set GettyArgs to "" (outbound services
only).  Now ... I'm stuck.   :(

First, I do a ps -ef | grep fax and discover nothing is running.  Netstat -a
does show, however, that hfaxd is up and listening.  However, no faxq or
faxgetty.  Executing faxq from the command line (both as root and regular
user) results in nothing (exit status does = 0, though).  Executing faxgetty
tty2 from the command line also does nothing, but its exit status is 255.

Executing faxstat -v yields the following:

Trying localhost (127.0.0.1) at port 4559...
Connected to loopback.
420 dpx20 server cannot initialize: Could not create client/15884: Permission
denied

Executing faxquit yields:

FIFO: open: No such file or directory

What am I missing?