RE: Clients for Hylafax

I've set up OUTLOOK to do quite a good job of receiving faxes. I'm looking
in to being able to send faxes, but at the moment it looks like code will
have to be written - an alternative is to create an e-mail message in
Outlook and then print the message to WHFC, this will give you a nice cover
page type header to your message.

For receiving, I have created a Faxes Folder, and created a Rule to
automatically place all received faxes from my Linux box into this folder.
On the Linux box I have modified the jobrecv script to include the file as a
TIFF file to the e-mail notification. (You can do this by first using GS to
convert the picture to a TIF or any other format that you may prefer, and
then pipe it through a MIME encoder program).  On the Windows clients, I
have associated TIFF Files with Windows Imaging which comes with Win
95oem2,98 and NT 4, This is a very good program for handling Fax Images.  If
youonly have Win95 version 1, then you can download Windows Imaging from
www.eastmansoftware.com.

When I have some spare time I am going to try to integrate the Windows
Imaging program into Outlook so that Faxes are viewable in a similar way to
HTML e-mails are now. (all the Imaging is done using ActiveX controls so you
can easily include them, even scanning into your own programs).

Hope this helps,

Dave Griffiths.