Re: Clients for Hylafax

> We currently use WHFC as windows client.
>
> Is it possible to use widly known Programms (such as Outlook, Lotus
> Notes) as PC-clients for Hylafax? Has anybody tried this?

Particularly for Outlook, I think that you have to realise that Microsoft
isn't really in the components market; they intend that you buy a complete
Microsoft solution for everything.  If you are following the fashion for
using Outlook, you are falling into their hands, and will probably soon
find that it is very difficult to send email to anyone who doesn't ahve
Outlook, becuase most Outlook users won't understand how to construct
email that conforms to internet email exchange standards.   (The number
of 500 character wide emails and broken HTML or MS-TNEF attachments
appearing on mailing lists is already an indication of this.)

Tracking Microsoft proprietory interfaces can be a really time consuming
and frustrating business.