Re: Clients for Hylafax

Schütz Susanne Dipl.Ing. wrote:

> We currently use WHFC as windows client.
>
> Is it possible to use widly known Programms (such as Outlook, Lotus
> Notes) as PC-clients for Hylafax? Has anybody tried this?
>
> We would like to use only one programm for mail and fax.

Mail and fax would appear, to me, to be fundamentally different beasts.
With fax, you're interested in formatting, layout, and such, whereas
with mail, much of this is not available without proprietary add-ons.

If you install the Fax-Printer support with WHFC, you can send fax from
any application that you can print from. I suppose you could use Outlook
to compose a message, and then print it to the fax printer, but I don't
really see much logic in doing this. Your users can simply send fax
direct by printing from their word-processor.

If what you're asking is really: "Will Outlook et al. talk directly yo a
Hylafax server without the need for WHFC?", then the answer is "no". You
require a program that can use the correct protocol to converse with the
Hylafax server, and WHFC is the best that I have seen for Windows,
though I haven't tried all the options.

HTH

Mike