Re: WHFC Does Not Work

CN Liu wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I can send from hylafax-v4.0pl2 in Linux 2.0.35 by issuing command:
>
> sendfax -n -d 9999 /etc/hosts
>
> Now I am trying to use WHFC 1.0.2 in Windows95 from which to send faxes.
> I want to allow all users and hosts in domain company.com.tw to access
> hylafax services.

Hi,

is your DNS working properly ? Try only the ip address of the host
which runs WHFC or the ipaddress of your network e.g assume
us use a network of 192.168.1.xx then your hosts file should look like :

localhost
127.0.0.1
192.168.1.*

> I can also connect from Windows to hfaxd:
>
> C:\WINDOWS>telnet mail 4559
>
> also works.

Enter in your telnet session (replace username with a valid username) :

USER username

and see whats happend.

> I tried in 2 different ways:

> 1. Every time I started WHFC, WHFC always prompted for password. I gave
> it the password. Then WHFC is dead forever.

This is a problem with the HylaFAX hosts file or a problem with
DNS .Your hosts file looks good, so i think it's a problem of DNS.
Is your reverse mapping for the WHFC host working ?

> 2. If I click "Test Printing" in Windows95 Printer Manager, I get
> message
>
> WHFC-Ole Server not found
>
> in dialog box "WHFCMON".

The WHFC Ole Server may be confused by your prevoius starts of WHFC,
or you have an old Win 95 version. Have a look on the various service
packs, available for Win 95 (On Windows NT here is at least SP 3
reqiered), but first make sure, that WHFC works propperly on your first
way.

Uli

--
Ulrich Eckhardt                         Tr@nscom GbR