Re: FW: Hylafax - faxq unable to exec faxsend

  MB> They're also used to rebooting their servers, and reinstalling their
  MB> operating system.....

*grin*

  MB> On thing I would mention about the RPM. I downloaded the thing, which
  MB> tlod me that it wanted a certain ghostscript RPM in place before it would
  MB> install. I couldn't find this package anywhere,

I hear this occasionally . . . I wonder why people are not used to checking
RedHat's contrib/? Guess they learn this eventually - the gs RPMS should be
in there!

  MB> so I installed it with --nodeps, and then read the README, which gave a
  MB> website from which I could download the ghostscript RPM's. I downloaded
  MB> them with netscape, but they were corrupt - I eventually got a clean copy
  MB> (from the same site) by using wget instead of Netscape.

Your nestcape download probably timed out. AFAIK it does not implement the
"reget" feature to allow it to retry and recover the rest of the file, so you
have a truncated file. Wget on the other hand will retry intelligently,
resuming where you left off. Very useful little app, that one.

  MB> After that it was simple, but I think that it would be nice if the
  MB> documenation on the Hylafax site mentioned the dependencies, and linked
  MB> to the appropriate ghostscript RPM's.

Last week I put the ghostscript RPMS in the same directory as the HylaFAX RPM
on ftp.tpc.int.  This should solve the problem until I produce a new RPM with
less strict ghostscript dependencies.

-Darren