Re: Sorry.

> I run Hylafax 4.0.2 on FreeBSD 3.0 , the answering fax modem is a MultiTech
> 2834ZDX,
> my problem is that every fax I receive are stored as tiff files in
> landscape mode instead
> of portrait , in others words the X dimension is larger than the Y dimension.
>
> For example the last .tiff faxes i received are :
> 1728x1137,1728x1151,1728x1161,1728x1156 ...
>
> I read all the documentation and the faqs and didn't find anything about that.

This is perfectly normal and happens because in normal mode faxes have
a resolution of 196dpi by 98dpi.  (ie: twice the resolution in the
horizontal as in the vertical).  To fix this, you either need to double
up the scan lines in the vertical or halve the horizonal or use fine mode
when sending faxes.

Martin