Help! encrypted password in /var/spool/fax/etc/hosts

Hello!

there is my problem :)

i try to setup an account in the hosts file

as this:

^muriel@prod1.fdn.org$:::

tryning to "bind" as admin with a null password as write in faq question
number Q105

but in the hosts man page it's write that you can't "bind" as admin with
null password

so i try to cut and past a encrypted password from my /etc/passwd file and
it's not working ethier  telling me wrong login

using RH 51 w/ shadow password

for cut and past  encrypted password i try both with and without shadow
does not work :(

have any idea?

ps: sorry for my english  :)