Re: util/libfaxutil.a file not found?

> > int t() { strftime(); return 0; }
> > int main(){ t(); return 0; }
> > ++ make -f confMakefile t
> > /usr/bin/gcc        -D__ANSI_CPP__ -I. -I. -I. -I././util
> > -I/usr/local/include -

These are not from the Hylafax build, but from the configure script.
configure deliberately compiles small programs that are expected to fail
in many cases.

At a guess someone has taken the configure log file when they should have
captured the standard error from the main make (redirect, or script command).

Also, the patch looks like the standard egcs patch; to avoid divergent
versions, it would probably have been better to simply refer to that
by URL.