Re: ZyXEL 2864 modems - now recommended?

> Hi, ZyXEL modem users

Hi,

Try http://www.zyxel.com/html/tech/index.html.

> 2. Alex said it made an improvement in both send and receive; anyone
>    else have similar results?
We have an E2864 and we are also hit from the RTN syndrome (only with a few
faxmachines). We have update the firmware to 1.21 and now it's running like
a charm. In this firmware is also a specific fix for the RTN problem with
hylafax.

> 3. Would you say:
>    a. The 2864 and 2864I models are no better than the average modem
>       and therefore cannot be a recommended modem?
Yes
>    b. they would be be recommended if fitted with the 2.99i firmware?
>    c. they can be recommended whether they have the new firmware or not?
If you have problems use the newest firmware. When it solves your problems
be happy. You have no other choice.

So long,
	wolfgang hamburg