Re: Strange Problem?

> I'm using RH5.2, Class 2 internal fax/modem in cua1 (com2), and I
> got something very strange.

Modern software should be using ttyS1, however it is important that
all software is the same.  cua? will be withdrawn soon.

> 1. When the Hylafax works, It can not answer the incoming fax,
> even I send the ATA or ATS0=1 to the modem

faxgetty should send the ATA.  Are you running faxgetty, from inittab?

> 2. Hylafax ONLY works after the first installation. When I restart
> the Linux box, nothing happen, I can use the 'cu -l cua1' to check
> the modem, 100% sure the modem is fine. And I found a error from
> the /var/log/messages, it shown :
> #linux FaxQueuer[464]: Missing ':' separator in modem class spec

Re-read the FAQs and the hosts file.  It is a common misunderstanding that
this refers to the modem to host protocol; it doesn't.  The documentation
does explain this, as I made this mistake and fixed it simply by looking
up the definition of the parameter it was complaining about.

> I checked the /var/spool/fax/etc/config file, the "ModemClass:	2"

So you have made the above mistake.

> already been there, here is my config file :
>
> LogFacility:            daemon
> CountryCode:            1
> AreaCode:               852

I think this is the country code for Hong Kong, so this is all messed up
(it is the country code).  You probably don't actually have area codes,
in which case the next one is also wrong (the UK phone book indicates
no area codes).

> LongDistancePrefix:     1
> InternationalPrefix:    001
> DialStringRules:        etc/dialrules

This is optimised for the USA phone number structure, and, for example,
European numbers require a different version.  I suspect the same may be
true for Hong Kong.

> ServerTracing:          1
> MaxConcurrentJobs:      5
> ModemClass:             2

See above.

> BTW the way, I'm using the diald for the dial-on-demand, I guess
> that's problem.

Unlikely, unless you are inconsistent on which name you use for the modem
port and there is a dial on demand conflicting with Hylafax.