Re: Using mgetty and faxgetty simultaneously

I haven't done this, but you should able to have faxgetty call mgetty when a data call
comes in. You should be able to encode the path to mgetty and its options into the config.
However someone pointed out there may be a bug and you have to set it when you compile
hylafax.

Damian

Noury BENMANSOUR wrote:

> I'm using HylaFAX v4.0pl2 under RedHat Linux 5.1 with kernel 2.0.36
> since last year. In conjonction with SuseFax.
> At boot time the following commands are executed
>
> daemon /usr/local/sbin/hfaxd -i 4559 -o 4557 -s 444
> daemon /usr/local/sbin/faxq
> daemon /usr/local/sbin/faxgetty -D modem
>
> I now want to use my Linux box as a PPP server. I have configured it
> for doing that (using mgetty). In the /etc/inittab I have the following
> command :
>
> m1:2345:respawn:/sbin/mgetty -D -x3 /dev/modem
>
> The problem is that mgetty and faxgetty can't work together.
> Does anyone have a solution ?
> Thanks.

* Damian Ivereigh     *      ||        ||      * Cisco Systems, Inc.   *
* MIS Printer Admin   *    .||||.    .||||.    * Sydney, Australia     *
* Linux Bigot         * ..:||||||:..:||||||:.. * +61 2 8448 7344       *
* damian@cisco.com    *   cisco Systems, Inc.  * Fax: +61 2 8448 7228  *