Using mgetty and faxgetty simultaneously

I'm using HylaFAX v4.0pl2 under RedHat Linux 5.1 with kernel 2.0.36
since last year. In conjonction with SuseFax.
At boot time the following commands are executed

daemon /usr/local/sbin/hfaxd -i 4559 -o 4557 -s 444
daemon /usr/local/sbin/faxq
daemon /usr/local/sbin/faxgetty -D modem

I now want to use my Linux box as a PPP server. I have configured it
for doing that (using mgetty). In the /etc/inittab I have the following
command :

m1:2345:respawn:/sbin/mgetty -D -x3 /dev/modem

The problem is that mgetty and faxgetty can't work together.
Does anyone have a solution ?
Thanks.