Re: 2-D MR data format ...

>        RecvDataFormat
>               The  data  format  (compression  scheme)  to  write
>               received facsimile data when copy quality  checking
>               is  enabled on the host.  (When copy quality check-
                                   ^^^^
> I think the problem is the Sportster doesn't do copy quality checking.  You
> might need to do some post processing in the faxrcvd script

This is talking about software copy quality checking within Hylafax, not
firmware checking in the modem.  If the modem recoded the fax, I think it
would have to fake the negotiation as seen by the host.  As such, the modem
settings and type should be irrelevant except in as much as they permit
the negotiation of 2DMR in the first place.