Re: Disabling answer with faxgetty

You may also have to kill faxgetty (inittab will restart it) after you make the change.

Damian

Aidan Van Dyk wrote:

> FAXCONFIG(8C)                                       FAXCONFIG(8C)
>
> NAME
>        faxconfig   -  dynamically  change  HylaFAX  configuration
>        parameters
>
> SYNOPSIS
>        /usr/local/sbin/faxconfig [ -q queue-dir ] [ -m modem ]  [
>        parameter value  ... ]
>
> and the config option would be "RingsBeforeAnswer"
>
> I've never tried this combination before, but I would suspect it to
> work.  Just use a cronjob to set RingsBeforeAnswer to 0 (means never
> answer) or 1 (or something else for more rings),
>
> a.
>
> On 31 Dec, JOHN PRICE wrote:
> > Is there a way to keep faxgetty from answering the phone?  I want it to
> > only answer after hours.
> >
> > Using mgetty, I just wrote a cron to create "/etc/nologin.ttyS1" and
> > mgetty will not answer the phone while that file exists.
> >
> > Is there a simular function with faxgett?
> >
> > Thanx,
> > John

* Damian Ivereigh     *      ||        ||      * Cisco Systems, Inc.   *
* MIS Printer Admin   *    .||||.    .||||.    * Sydney, Australia     *
* Linux Bigot         * ..:||||||:..:||||||:.. * +61 2 8448 7344       *
* damian@cisco.com    *   cisco Systems, Inc.  * Fax: +61 2 8448 7228  *