Two .faxdb questions

HYLAFAX(1) man page states that .faxdb

	...is being replaced by other, more straightforward databases
	that are managed by programs that front-end the sendfax
	program.

Do these "other" databases and front-ends exist yet? (I'm running v4.0pl2)
Should I not be building configurations around the .faxdb conventions?

Second question: is there a location for a global .faxdb file? My
applications really have no need for .faxdb to be user-by-user.

Barry Wiseman
Genesis Software Designs, Inc.
18 E. 41 Street
New York, NY 10017