Q:hide secrect keys in dialstring by fax server

Hello,

I am facing the following problem: Some folks at out university want to
send their faxes using WHFC. Basically it works fine. The problem is,
that some of our emplyees need to include secret information in the
dialstring that should not be visible doing a faxstat -s.
As far as  I understand the docs the dialstring processing for the
external representation of the number (what faxstat will display) is
done by the client application and not by the fax server. Using sendfax
for sending faxes this works if you put a suitable dialstring file in
/usr/local/lib/fax (some installations prefer /usr/lib/fax instead).

To keep off private infos from the dialstring using WHFC only WHFC can
do this when sending a fax. As far as I know WHFC is unable to process a
dialrules file like sendfax does and so leaves the dialstring untouched.
Since the server does not change the externel representation of a
dialstring the secret information is always visible to anyone looking at
the sendqueue.

So what chance do I have to get rid of the private information in the
dialstring when using a client like whfc that does not allow processing
of the dialstring? I first thought that this task is actually a duty of
the server. The server would be the best place to hide such information
to the clients like faxstat
asking. But it seems there is no way to tell the server to hide some
dialstring information from a client? Or am I wrong?

Any solutions known?

Thank you very much
Rainer
Rainer Krienke                      krienke@informatik.uni-koblenz.de
Universitaet Koblenz, 		    http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~krienke
Rechenzentrum,                      Voice: +49 261 9119-641
Rheinau 3-4, 56075 Koblenz, Germany Fax:   +49 261 9119-499