Re: Hylafax only sending a few lines of my faxes.PleaseHelp

On Thu, 15 Oct 1998, Evan Leibovitch wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Oct 1998, Eduardo Jacob Fuentealba wrote:
>
> > Thank you very much David, you are right. I changed the flow control from
> > hardware to software, it fixed the problem.
>
> It seems that there are a number of faxmodems that don't do hardware flow
> control well in fax mode.
>
> Is there any benefit of using hardware FC in fax mode, or is it OK just to
> default to software FC all the time?

If you are just doing fax software flow control would be fine.
If you also do data connections on that modem, hardware flow control is
the way to go.

Jonathan Chen has mentioned a few times a fix for the modems that can't
use hardware flow control in fax mode.
ModemAnswerFaxBeginCmd: "<19200><xon>"  # switch line rate & flow control

--
Tim Rice			Multitalents	(707) 887-1469 (voice)
tim@trr.metro.net