setpagedevice & cropping

re my earlier message about page sizing and A$...finally found the entry
about this in the FAQ with the suggestion of finding a newer version of
ghostscript supporting setpagedevice...

i know the currentish versions of aladdin gs support setpagedevice, but
confess to having no idea about how to use this after installing it...

will it take care of itself, or do i have to hack something somewhere?

if anyone HAS managed to solve the 'client width' problem fr A4, I'd
love to hear what that actually involves!

thanks in advance

- darrell