Re: Unix GUI clients

On Tue, Sep 01, Jim Gottlieb wrote:

> I have been happily running hylafax as our fax receiver for some time
> now, but I'm frustrated in trying to find a decent client program for
> sending faxes from our desktops (all SPARC-Solaris).
>
> All I want is something that has an address book (a system-wide plus a
> personal one would be nice) and will allow for easy faxing from
> WordPerfect.
>
> I looked at the FAQ yesterday for the first time in a year, hoping
> there would be some new programs, but it seems nothing has changed
> there in a long time.  I did give a try to Gfax, but its claimed
> support for networked Hylafax sending was in reality vaporware.
>
> Has all development in this area stopped?  Is there some new freeware
> fax product I should be aware of, or must I go the commercial route (I
> wouldn't mind, but I haven't been real impressed with what I've seen
> there either)?

I wrote a free Java-Client to HylaFAX, that works on Unix-platforms as well
as on other platforms with a Java interpreter.

Perhaps the Maintainer of the FAQ may add this to the FAQ.

ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/SuSE-Linux/x.x/n1/susefax.rpm

Source-Package:

ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/SuSE-Linux/x.x/zq1/susefax.spm

x.x stands for the current Version of the S.u.S.E. Linux Distribution.

--
mfG,
	Carsten Hoeger