Re: Mail to fax gateway

> Thanks.  I'll look at it.  Since I only have the binary, I guess faxmail
> is not bundled with the binary distribution.

There is no official binary distribution, so you shouldn't have said
"*the* binary distribution".  You should really take up this issue
with the supplier of the incomplete distribution.

> interpret that it's actually a fax.  My question is: how to send that fax
> to the fax server via email from a Windows 98 client and at the same time
> preserve information "user@dest.fax"?

Firstly, you can also use aliases on the mail server, and they can be of
benefit for security reasons.

If the fax machine is the smart host in your mail system, you have no
problem as the address will just work.  If it is not, you need to configure
every intelligent mail router between you and the PC to route .fax towards
the fax server.  Details will depend on the mail server.  Most people
reccommend not running Exchange in intelligent mode but forwarding all
SMTP mail to a Unix machine.